PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES ; COOK TIME: 10 MINUTES
Terri’s mom, Alice, regularly plans it as a side dish, however, it would be extraordinary on steamed rice and some straightforward pan-seared vegetables. The extras are likewise incredible sliced into pieces and added to the singed rice!
1 pound of medium and enormous shrimp (U31-40), stripped and deveined, tail left on
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 teaspoons rice wine Shaoxing
2 green onions, finely julienned
- Utilizing sharp kitchen scissors or a paring blade, cut the shrimp down the middle the long way, keeping the tail area flawless. At the point when the shrimp is sautéed, this cut will give a bigger surface region and make a remarkable shape and surface!
- Wipe the shrimp with paper towels and keep them dry. The drier the shrimp, the more delicious the dish. You can store the shrimp in the cooler, enclosed by paper towels, for as long as two hours before cooking.
- Warmth a wok over medium-high warmth until a drop of water sizzles and dissipates on contact. Pour in the oil and swirl to cover the base of the wok. Season the oil by adding a little touch of salt, and whirl tenderly.
- Add the shrimp on the double to the hot wok. Mix and turn rapidly for 2-3 minutes, until the shrimp simply start to turn pink. Season with another little touch of salt and add the rice wine. Permit the wine to bubble while you proceed to sauté the shrimp for an additional 2 minutes or thereabouts. The shrimp should separate and move up, still joined to the tail.
- Move them to a serving dish and adorn them with the green onions. Serve hot.