PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES ; COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
The mystery of this formula is to eliminate overabundance dampness from the eggplant to make it less unpleasant and keep it from retaining an excess of oil. Topping the completed dish with a small bunch of hacked spices, for example, coriander and mint.
6 cups of water in addition to 1 tablespoon, partitioned
1 tablespoon of genuine salt
3 long Chinese eggplants (about ¾ pounds), managed and cut slantingly into 1-inch pieces
1½ tablespoons cornstarch, isolated
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
2 teaspoons of sugar
½ teaspoon dim soy sauce
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, separated
3 cloves of garlic, slashed
1 teaspoon new ginger, slashed and stripped
½ conveys firm tofu, cut into ½ inch 3D shapes
- In an enormous bowl, blend the 6 cups of water and salt. Mix quickly to break up the salt and add the eggplant pieces. Spot a huge skillet top on top to keep the eggplant lowered in the water and let represent 15 minutes. Channel the eggplant and wipe it off with paper towels. Channel the eggplant and wipe it off with paper towels. Blend the eggplant in a bowl with cornstarch dust, around 1 tablespoon.
- In a little bowl, blend the leftover tablespoon of cornstarch ½ with the excess tablespoon of water, light soy, sugar, and dull soy. Put in a safe spot.
- Warmth a wok over medium-high warmth until a drop of water sizzles and dissipates on contact. Pour 2 tablespoons of oil and whirl to cover the lower part of the wok and up the sides. Organize the eggplants in a solitary layer in the wok.
- Sing the eggplant on each side, around 4 minutes for every side. The eggplant ought to be delicately burned and brilliant earthy colored. Lower the warmth to medium if the wok starts to smoke. Move the eggplant to a bowl and return the wok to the warmth.
- Add the excess tablespoon of oil and sauté the garlic and ginger until fragrant and sizzling, around 10 seconds. Add the tofu and sautéed food for an additional 2 minutes, at that point return the eggplant to the wok. Mix the sauce again and fill the wok, mixing all fixings until the sauce thickens to a dull, gleaming consistency.
- Move the eggplant and tofu to a platter and serve hot.